I did a macro of a spring from a pen. When trying different sorts of light I got nice interference patterns when lightpainting with a laser pointer. If you look at the stars on the right you can see them. I did less magnification so you can see many of them 🙂
I was looking for some projects I can take inside. One of the things I always wanted to do was a burning match macro.
The setup was as follows:
- I used a Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens on a retro adapter on a Canon 60D. In the shot it was 25mm.
- 2 flashlights directed at the match head – if you use no light you will not be able to shoot the ignition. I made some test shots and had to change the ISO to 400 to get a shorter time: 1/30.
- I set up a tethered shot with the PC and used a clamp to hold the match. I light the match from beneath and take the shot.
There is one thing you should know: I had to clean the UV-Filter I used as a lens protector afterwards. The gases of the burning match head seems to condense on the glass easily.